- Sine, Khaelis
- Gold Fox (Genetic Elite)
- Gold and white fur with black markings on muzzle and tips of ears. Dark red hair.
- Security guard (in Campus Safari)
This Gold Fox was first introduced into the strip when he tried to give Jules a full body search when she set off the alarms. (Campus Safari, strip 162) For this, he was beaten up (kick-boxed into a wall, receiving a couple of smashed ribs, dislocated shoulder, and smack to the head) to show her objections. Then to add insult to injury, he was later forced to be her shadow (this was due to the fact that Cesilee tried hacking into the security systems, before resorting to a Tmail to make it look as if the order came from a superior). (Cesilee's Diary, strip 21) Unfortunately, Darius would find out about his new mission - and find it amusing, so ordered him to follow when Jules went into Vixen's Secrets. (Cesilee's Diary, strip 28) It would be this action that would end up having him face an act that Cyantians, especially of dog heritage, consider offensive.
Jules would tease Khaelis with catnip and end up discovering that some Foxes are just as affected by it as Mounties are. (Cesilee's Diary, strip 33) She would get an evil idea and forced Khaelis to strip naked (Cesilee's Diary, strip 74) and play fetch with him while he was under the influence. (Cesilee's Diary, strip 75) (A female Rabbit and Mouse would join her later on to do the same thing, thinking him cute). (Cesilee's Diary, strip 83) For a while it would look as if things are going well, until a poorly thrown stick hits Darius and he catches them in the act. (Cesilee's Diary, strip 86) Unlike Jules, he was not amused by Khaelis's antics. (Cesilee's Diary, strip 88) He berates the confused fox and orders him to report to Rayne, (Cesilee's Diary, strip 95) who then fires Khaelis for not revealing his weakness to catnip. (Cesilee's Diary, strip 100)
A chapter image from Cesilee's Diary seems to suggest that he has become obsessed with revenge against Jules.
Khaelis was very sad, to put it lightly. He was not only fired from security detail, but was suspended from schooling since it was dependent on a scholarship he received for being in security (and it didn't help that Quinn told Murai about it before he learned of the suspension himself). (Cesilee's Diary, strip 108) Then to make a bad day worse, he was targeted by a group of Technomage students - and even Darius would say they went too far. (Campus Safari, strip 582) They would strip him, dye his fur with pink and green spots (Campus Safari, strip 583) and give him a poodle cut. (Campus Safari, strip 585) It did have a bright side, as their going too far with him had Darius take pity and review his file. (Campus Safari, strip 586)
It has been revealed that Khaelis can cook much better than he can provide security detail, and just might be allowed to become a cook in the Mars Academy kitchen (to offset tuition) provided he could create an excellent meal for Darius to surprise Sheana with, provided he didn't burn down the kitchen in the process. (Campus Safari, strip 601) He was confident in his ability to do it, (Campus Safari, strip 651) but an emergency would come up so neither came to the dinner, leaving him in doubt. (Campus Safari, strip 691)
- Has a bit of a passive-aggressive personality and does not handle pressure very well. (Cesilee's Diary, strip 20) This may be the reason for his clumsiness. It is possible that he subconsciously dislikes his work and it manifests itself in his clumsiness (ironically, he always wanted to be in security).
- Responds to catnip. (Cesilee's Diary, strip 33, strip 73)
- Always manages to wind up in the medical sector, even after doing a good job (Darius had since stopped being updated due to the commonality of his situation, wondering how someone so clumsy got into Security). (Campus Safari, strip 400)
- He is by-the-book and rigid in his schedule: every day, he is up at 5:00 AM, works out for half an hour with the other recruits, (Campus Safari, strip 545) eats breakfast at exactly 6:15 AM, then reports for duty. (Campus Safari, strip 546)
- High-strung and no-nonsense. Dislikes being teased.
- Khaelis was removed from security for not disclosing information on his susceptibility to catnip, and he's on a type of scholarship which depends on his security work.
- The type of name Khaelis has is probably something that means "Chaotic Good Intentions"
- His culinary rating is superior to his security rating (Culinary Rating 4, Security Rating 1 - under Culinary he received a 6 in Presentation, 5 in Design, 6 in Food Preparation, 1 in Standard Training.) (Campus Safari, strip 598)
- Holds grudges.
- Khaelis appears first stopping Jules after a detector sounds off and has to perform a full body search. He is beaten up by Jules and later patched up by Ciphyr (Campus Safari, strip 162)
- The encounter traumatized him enough that on his next sighting of her, he would ask for a .45 pellot width plasma rifle, black market edition. (Campus Safari, strip 213)
- First appeared in Cesilee's Diary in a profile being researched by Cesilee for someone to go against Jules. (Cesilee's Diary, strip 20) Since she couldn't break in to fake official orders, she sent him a private Tmail to make it appear they were to have him escort Jules, hoping to punish Jules. (Cesilee's Diary, strip 21)
- Instead, Jules spent the time tormenting Khaelis, including such activities as stepping on the tail of the gryphon he was petting to make it bite him, (Cesilee's Diary, strip 26) and dragging him to a female store... Vixen's Secret's. (Cesilee's Diary, strip 27)
- Unfortunately Darius would be amused by the scenario, and make the order real. (Cesilee's Diary, strip 28)
- Is ten years younger than Darius Akaelae (Campus Safari, strip 585)
- Was in security as a personal choice, it did not fit his profile at all. Cuisine tested as his specialty. (Campus Safari,strip 599)
- Joined security because his sister Murai joined security at Mars Academy; (Campus Safari, strip 599) he promised he'd look after his younger sister and there wasn't aid for students entering culinary fields at Mars Academy. (Campus Safari, strip 600)
- Darius suggested Cuitain Academy as turning out excellent chefs, and more in line with his expertise. (Campus Safari, strip 600)
- His mother is a master chef. (Campus Safari, strip 601)
- Is a genetic elite. The first time we see this is in Campus Safari, strip 651 (where he's been shaved after the technomage prank), where we see his black skin; a common trait of elites.
- May not be familiar with courtship procedures (at least Wolfen), mistaking the special rings Darius had left to be presented at dinner with napkin rings. (Campus Safari,strip 652)
- First appeared in No Angel as Jules' specially assigned jailer when she was arrested upon her return from Earth, (No Angel, strip 345) though Murai suggested it might be otherwise. (No Angel, strip 346)
- Full Name
- Khaelis Sine
- Gold Fox
- "I amâ€¦going to get you for this!"
How much experience do you have with roleplaying?A few years paper & pencil, plus a few months here asâ€¦someone else. What is your character's personality? Usually tries to stay focused while on the job. However, he suffers from a slight case of passive aggressiveness. Doesn't hold up to pressure well.
What things does he like? Those who just let him do his job without causing altercations. Dislike? Those who seem to delight in causing mischief and/or pain for him. Special assignments that take him away from his normal rounds. Female shops.
What are the strong points of your character? Usually tried to maintain a professional atmosphere when doing his job. Sometimes, though, things can get a bit too much for him.
Name one thing your character would never do and why. Disobey an order from a superior - unless he was desperate. How does he interact with others? If you haven't caused problems for him, keeps a prefessional attitude. Otherwise, he will make the occasional idle threat, though he comes off as somewhat less-than-threatining.
MENTION if they carry some sort of weapon. Normal security gear. Though he doesn't carry it on him, he recently aquired a black market .45 plasma rifle.
Give an example description of your character. Stands at about 5 feet, slightly shorter than the average fox. Took the assignment at the Academy since he figured that, seeing how most of the population would be made of students, that it would be an easy assignment. Things have since proven otherwise.
Why is it essential that your character be here in the Mars Academy? (Comic relief, punching bag) Does various security jobs, from customs to personnel escorting.
What is your characters nature and thoughts on others of his species? As long as they don't cause trouble, everything's okay.
What is his view on other species?He has recently had several altercations with humans, most of which ended with him in medical. As a result, he thinks less of them than he could.