- Alpha Akaelae
- Wolf (Genetic Elite)
- 777 years old (Akaelae)
- Grey fur and hair, brown eyes.
- Head of the Wolf Citystates
Sheana (adopted granddaughter)
He was one of the original twelve Wolves that were kidnapped by the Mouln Phadra (Squid) and turned into Genetic Elites in the year 137 due to their genetic tampering over wanting to create pit fighters for profit. Together with Shean and a number of other Cyantians, they defeated the Squid in a nine-year battle and either wiped them out or drove them away.
After the defeat of the Squid, Alpha helped found Centralis and form the Council and remains their leader even by the time of Akaelae.
He took in Rama and Raire when Shean abandoned them for awhile. (Akaelae, strip 262) When Shean returned, Rama wanted to stay with the Akaelaes instead of him, but Alpha had to refuse since Shean was his father and present. (Akaelae, strip 263)
When Rama grew older, he fell in love with Sirene - a union Alpha would not approve of due to the chance of deformity of cubs due to Rama's mixed heritage, and sent Sirene away despite her objections. (Akaelae, strip 265) When Rama tracked her down and pursued a relationship, Syrys confronted and fought him, ending the relationship, and Rama never forgave them for it. (Akaelae, strip 266)
In the years 487-496, the Ridge Wars (A.K.A. Elite War) start with the Fox (although Rama would end up being at the center of it). It was during this time that he helped take in the famous Gold Vixen, Danie (and lost his son, Syrys, causing him to end up believing that he was dead). As the years wore on, he remarried whenever a mate died on him and fathered more cubs through them. Because the Genetic Elite gene is recessive, most of his children were normal Wolves and they died of old age. By the time of Akaelae, Syrys is the only one of his children still alive. (Akaelae, strip 235)
By Akaelae, he is having to deal with the threat of the Fox once again and the threat of Rama. He is currently expressing an interest in Vin.
- He is a born leader. The centuries of lifespan has given him wisdom and farsightedness. That and the fact that he is the oldest of the Wolves and is responsible for Centralis, makes him the most respected Wolf on Cyantia. Even though the Council does not always respect his wishes.
- Is often called Grandfather, even likes being called it as well.
- Is the oldest member of the Court of Elders that oversees the City-State of Centralis. (Darius, strip 4)
- First appeared in Genoworks Saga being informed that after 400 years they had found Syrys Akaelae. (Genoworks Saga, strip 165)
- He was the last of his generation, and his age was starting to show at that point. (Genoworks Saga, strip 170)
- First appeared in Puppet Strings talking with Syrys about the age tampering of Chatin, Cilke, Collin, and Quinn
- First appearance in Akaelae is when he startles Sheana while she spies on Darius with the cameras. (Akaelae, strip 12)
- Thinks Sheana's a good cub, but a little too obsessed with Darius. Thinks both are too young and immature for a serious relationship during Akaelae, and Sheana's stubbornness combined with Darius' hard-head could cause problems in the future. (Akaelae, strip 13)
- When he would catch her again viewing feeds of Darius, he would ban her from the room, telling her she's much too young to be so focused on him while his focus is elsewhere and nowhere, and he didn't want to see either one hurt. (Akaelae, strip 291)
- Often walks with a heavy cane.
- Has spoken with the council, in vain, to allow Omegas to be admitted into the Avistary Academy early, (Akaelae, strip 192) in part because they are skilled enough for it, in part because they may need the training to face the unaccounted for omegas. (Akaelae, strip 194)
- Feared the omegas would be labelled as outsiders and vigilantes if trained outside of an academic environment, but fears the council will never let them be trained, (Akaelae, strip 234) so agrees to the placement tests. (Akaelae, strip 235)
- Has only one son - Syrys - left of all his children. (Akaelae, strip 235)
- He feels some regret for not helping Rama as a child when his family was falling apart, but his hands were full at the time caring for his sons Syrys, Reid, and Coine, and his daughters Toeri and Sirene. (Akaelae, strip 261)
- When he later noticed that Rama and Sirene were developing a relationship, fearing that they might eventually have malformed children if allowed to continue due to his heritage, he forbade the relationship and sent Sirene away despite her objections. (Akaelae, strip 265) When Rama tracked her down and continued courting, Syrys intervened, beating Rama soundly. Rama would never forgive Alpha or Syrys for it. (Akaelae, strip 266)
- First appeared in Darius reading a scroll he had received that morning stating the Council was rethinking their decision to not train the elite cubs. (Darius, strip 39) Darius Akaelae, Celina Asara, Kelar Akaelae, Vin Fanilt, and Sheana Tibal were all on a list being considered for early entry into the Academy, which surprised him because Sheana was not old enough to go until the following year. (Darius, strip 40) He mentions there is a reason the acceptance age was raised to 17, tied into why there are so few of the previous generation left, and plans to tell Sheana she can't go this year if she gets accepted. (Darius, strip 41)
- Darius' father is Alpha's son and Kela's father is also Alpha's son, both are non-elite. Alpha's last wife was timed nicely enough, so that he had begun aging. She died before he did at a normal age giving him two sons and a daughter, who is unmarried and offworld. 
- He is now deceased by Campus Safari. Succeeded by Kela who assumed the name Alpha. Alpha Akaelae died in the Terraplex Wars.