- Kangaroo (EG mod Jilaic)
- Various shades of red. Her left arm, right leg, right eye, and right ear are visibly cybernetic, part of the "upgrades" Exotica Genoworks planned for the Jiliac developed for the militia. Her left eye is blue, while the cybernetic one is red.
- Bionic colors
- Steely gray is her everyday use set, gold is the show off ornamental not meant for battle but spiffy looking, black with red/gold is the battle set, while the fragile fur covered ones are for the rare special occasions. Right ear is detachable like her other bionics.
One of the five Kangaroos to be genetically-engineered by Exotica Genoworks, they were given over to the Fox militia, where they were abused. (Sink or Swim, strip 294) After reaching her breaking point, she lashed out, killing a Horse as well as two Fox. (Sink or Swim, strip 291) She was imprisoned in the testing area of the lab with her later crew-mates and became a favorite test subject. (Sink or Swim, strip 300) She was modified with cybernetic implants, including a prototype technomage implant, (Sink or Swim, strip 301) but managed to escape and help damage the facility, taking the other four with her. (Sink or Swim, strip 318) They first took refuge with a Fox family, much to her discomfort, and eventually left and made their way to Centralis. It would be there that they would receive citizenship and make something of their lives.
After the Centralis War, Cere would receive her ship and christen it Independence. With her crew, they would make regular shipping routes to various worlds, including Earth. It would be there that they would meet up with Mako, and pick up Tamera, Rayne, and Darrik.
In later comics, they would find a derelict Fox ship and discover a Tree Kangaroo who is connected to the ship's computer. They name her Nil and make her a part of their crew. Upon returning to Centralis, they go on a little R and R to Sunset Haven, along with Zax (whom she has a very close relationship with). Except for Outback who wants to remain behind to look after Nil, despite Cere's insistence on keeping the crew together.
- No-nonsense and grim. She can seem harsh, but she's fair, and can be relied upon. Displays a sense of humor on very rare occasions. (Sink or Swim, strip 48)
- Developed an aversion to Fox after her experiences at Genoworks that she kept after she had healed from her injuries, even years later.
- She is always on time.
Known traits and abilities
- Has some minor Technomage abilities, and can summon a small fireball. (Sink or Swim, strip 35)
- A born leader, she is the clearest thinker and holds the crew together, keeping them in check. (Sink or Swim, strip 48) A bit of a workaholic too.
- Can speak some native Jilaic language. (Sink or Swim Chapter 3, strip 10)
- First appeared as a kid in a flashback in Sink or Swim. (Sink or Swim, strip 10)
- She was their assigned leader while at Genoworks, and had been trying to think of a way for them to escape when she was taken for bionic implants. (Sink or Swim, strip 15)
- She managed to fight her way out while being operated on to implant cybernetics, (Sink or Swim, strip 16) then set a fire to free the other 'experiments'. (Sink or Swim, strip 18) The four Roos she later travels with fled with her. (Sink or Swim, strip 42) When they were no longer able to travel, they were rescued by a Red Fox who did not agree with what the military did in Genoworks. (Sink or Swim, strip 43) Once Cere had physically recovered, she simply left them, not wanting to be around so many Fox. (Sink or Swim, strip 46) The others followed her, and they eventually came to a small Wolf City where they gained names and identities as free Cyantians. (Sink or Swim, strip 47)
- First appeared herself working in the cargo bay of their ship... and telling Ash to return Mako's wallet. (Sink or Swim, strip 28)
- In the second flashback to their childhood, she behaved the same as the rest of the Roos, until a Stallion approached her in an unwanted advance. (Sink or Swim, strip 287) She snapped, (Sink or Swim, strip 290) and killed the Horse along with 2 Fox in their attempts to restrain her. (Sink or Swim, strip 291, 295) As a result, her group was separated from the other groups and moved to the Experimental Floor, Sink or Swim, strip 292) while she was locked up and restrained by herself - though could still talk with the others. (Sink or Swim, strip 293) She urged them to join her and fight against the fox, but they feared what would happen if they failed. (Sink or Swim, strip 295)
- Her attitude is probably what made her their favorite test subject... and how she got her implants and artificial parts. (Sink or Swim, strip 301)
- One day when they came for her, she feigned being asleep, (Sink or Swim, strip 302) then attacked when they got careless and left her legs unshackled. (Sink or Swim, strip 303) Ash swiped the key and let the others out. (Sink or Swim, strip 305) Cere accidentally set the place on fire, (Sink or Swim, strip 307, strip 308) accidentally blinding herself in the process. (Sink or Swim, strip 309) Ash gave the key to Quill to free the others while they made their escape. (Sink or Swim, strip 310)
- Claims to be 22 every time she's asked her age to avoid having to make explanations (though her real age is ~12). (Sink or Swim, strip 205)
- She feels Zax is the only male who truly understands her, and they have a lot in common, but doesn't know what to do about it. (Sink or Swim, strip 206)
- She has her doubts about their relationship, feeling he deserves someone better than her... despite his claims otherwise. (SoS, Chapter 4, strip 4)
- When Zax suggests she takes up courier missions so they could spend more time together, she refuses because she hates Cyantia and doesn't want to live there. (SoS, Chapter 4, strip 4)
- She met Zax a couple of days after the Teraplex War ended. (Sink or Swim, strip 206) She had an extreme dislike of him due to his part in the Teraplex War, so Syrys ordered her to be his escort in the hopes she would learn to give him a second chance. (Sink or Swim, strip 214) It led to the start of her relationship with him. (Sink or Swim, strip 215)
- Since she didn't remember having her own birthday, (Sink or Swim, strip 213) Zax picked a birthday for her. (Sink or Swim, strip 214)
- She finds Zax's poems silly, but likes them anyway. (Sink or Swim, strip 243)
- On rare occasions, she can display humor or even smile. Especially whenever in the presence of Zax.
- Likes to watch the space opera 'Cycles of Taloom', although prefers others not know about it. (Sink or Swim, strip 123)
- Is apparently sterile after all the cybernetics. (SoS, Chapter 4, strip 4)
- Her name is pronounced seer (one syllable).