- Fanilt, Vincent
- Full name
- Vincent Cile Min Fanilt
- Wolf (Genetic Elite) (he is one-quarter Mounty)
- Gray with lighter gray markings, and stripes. Liger stripes show through more when he's wet. They are barely visible otherwise. Blue-gray hair. Green eyes.
He comes from a very poor family that only consists of himself and his mother. He does not know of any other relatives and they live in a somewhat run down apartment in one of the lower areas of Centralis (run down by Cyantian standards, not by human standards) - it's shelter and it's free as long as Vin is in school. They are supposed to upkeep it themselves, but Vin doesn't really know how and his mother just doesn't bother. He has never known his father. According to his mother, he left before Vin was even born and he shouldn't talk about it. To have such a father was a shame to she and him. It was better to just accept that there was not a father. Vin feels that he is the reason his father left and his mother is so miserable. They could easily request aid from the Centralis government, but Vin's mother has never done that. She has never stated her reasons for this. Most of the time, they don't have enough to eat and their clothing is constantly in need of mending.
In transitional school, Darius sits next to him, much to Vin's displeasure. (Akaelae, strip 45) Darius took an immediate liking to him and ended up befriending him by buying him lunch. (Akaelae, strip 58) Celina seems to have taken an interest in Vin as well. (Akaelae, strip 61) After school, he is offered Darius' coat, but declines out of confusion over why they would offer it. (Akaelae, strip 87)
Upon arriving home, Vin is appalled to learn that Oran had returned. (Akaelae, strip 97) Oran had plans for Vin to come work for him, (Akaelae, strip 135) he would refuse and try to stand up to him. (Akaelae, strip 138) Then is promptly beaten into unconsciousness by the thuggish Wolf (Akaelae, strips 140) and has his hair cut off by him to add insult to injury. (Akaelae, strip 154) His mother left Vin a seemingly hateful note (Akaelae, strip 160)(Oran wanted to put him to work, but she wants a better life for him than he'd get if he stayed - although she doesn't tell him that). (Akaelae, strip 161)
After trying to find a new home he would run into Darius, who would buy him lunch and suggest he live in their play house. (Akaelae, strip 168) Upon finding Darrik there, Darius would decide to bring them both to Akaelae Towers. (Akaelae, strip 177) Vin is currently in Akaelae Towers after being brought there by Darius and learns of his father's origins - and is not happy about who his father turned out to be. (Akaelae, strips 268) But he had yet to learn that his mother and Oran were murdered by his father.
He is rudely awakened one morning by Crissy, (Akaelae, strip 291) who sends him down to the tailor to have a whole new wardrobe made for him to be ready the next day. The huge turn-around in his life had now made him one happy Wolf. While there, his thoughts would turn again to his mother, and he would implore Syrys to find her and get her away from Oran. (Akaelae, strip 391)
Unfortunately, Syrys would find her, (Akaelae, strip 436) and when Vin found out, it would rain for 3 days. (Akaelae, strip 475) Syrys wouldn't let her see the body, but gave him her ID tags, (Akaelae, strip 498) which left him wondering if Oran mauled her to death, and under the influence of drugs, maul himself to death, (Akaelae, strip 499) or if possibly his father who's been known to kill using his claws... (Akaelae, strip 500)
He is sensitive about his appearance, especially over his slenderness. (Ate age 14, he is 5'3" and 145 lbs) Unlike Darius, the females treat Vin with disdain for this.
- In Akaelae he is 14 (15 in two sets), 5'6", and 145 pounds.
- Dresses in ragged clothing - had never had anything new. (Akaelae, strip 294)
- He has retractable claws and his ears curl slightly up at their tips like a cat instead of keeping straight.
- His stripes are very apparent when his fur is wet. (Akaelae, strip 158)
- By Darius, after a few months of good eating, Vin’s fur is shinier, a bit darker and with more lustre. His markings now faintly show up even when not wet. When wet, they’re even more prominent though.
- Vin is a very quiet wolf, reserved and thoughtful. He puts his school work before everything else including friends. He doesn't have any friends originally. He just wants to provide a way for he and his mother to have a better life.
- He's conscious of being too thin. The girls don't look at him, and he finds morning exercise embarrassing since his ribs show. (Akaelae, strip 97)
- He's timid, and had been beaten more times than he wants to recall. (Akaelae, strip 252)
- Vin is timid,... as we can all see, primarily because he has lived with a mother who is in such a mental state that SHE thinks everything is against her. It falls back on Vin. And he has been snarled at, snapped at and struck,... but nothing more. For Oran's part... it boils down more to the fact they are Wolves and Vin is competition. He's a young needy male whose entire life is his mother.
- At Akaelae Towers he would reside on the Family floor with Sheana and Syrys. (Akaelae, strip 317)
- Prior to Akaelae, he had never been swimming before and had never learned how. (Akaelae, strip 369) Sheana and Celina took it upon themselves to teach him. (Akaelae, strip 370)
- His claws are much larger than usually seen, since he very rarely extends them.
Known traits and abilities
- In Akaelae he was hoping to work on a star ship someday, (Akaelae, strip 270) or at least that was what he told people, because it would have taken him away from his old life, and wasn't that expensive. What he really wanted was to be a technomage, but knew his mother could never afford it. (Akaelae, strip 390)
- Vin has an aptitude for fixing things. He's an excellent mechanic and is hoping to get into the Academy program to work on lifts or perhaps qualify for the technomage program.
- Vin IS another genetic member of the Omega Elite and knows nothing about it. On top of that,.. nobody else knows about him either, but there are those who have their eyes upon him.
- His wounds get better when he walks. (Akaelae, strip 198)
- It always rains when he's upset. (Akaelae, strip 161)
- Lucas notices that it rains whenever Vin is upset. (Akaelae, strip 475)
- Can generate large bursts of energy (thunderbolt), (Darius, strip 276) though at the time of Darius he had no conscious control/awareness of it. (Darius, strip 278)
- None of the prior of generations of Elite had any abilities like Vin has because he's both a hybrid AND a throwback (bred back to Elite stock), while Rama's just a hybrid. Vin's mother was selected by Rama due to her having Elite genes, even if she didn't display them.
- He first appeared in Akaelae packing his school uniform while mentally wondering why his mother doesn't apply for help so they would have more food, better living conditions, and his school supplies would be provided. (Akaelae, strip 15)
- He felt that sometimes his mother didn't like him, that it was his fault that his father didn't stay, but things would get better if he gets into the Academy so he can get a real job. (Akaelae. strip 16)
- He lived in a run-down apartment in one of the lower areas of Centralis. The place was free as long as Vin stayed in school, but the upkeep was left to them. Vin didn't know how, and his mother didn't bother.
- His mother had told him his father had left before he was born, and he shouldn't discuss it for it was shameful to them both to have such a father. He feels he might have been the reason his father left and his mother's miserable.
- Rama plans to make him his heir. (Akaelae, strip 96)
- His Placement Test came back as 99% compatible with Technology Assisted Energy Manipulation, aka Technomagery. (Akaelae, strip 503)
- Can't remember having ever seen his mother smile. (Akaelae, strip 540)
- He first appeared in Darius having just received an invitation to a Special Training Course. (Darius, strip 32)
- He's a little nervous around horses as he had never ridden a real one before coming for the course. (Darius, strip 92)
- Even though Rama had spent time with Vin after capturing his friends, pretending to be the misunderstood father, Vin was still scared of him and worried about his friends. (Darius, strip 211)
- When kissed by Kerie, his first reaction was to faint. (Darius, strip 215)
- Would later try escaping with Melody and Kerie, but would unfortunately run into Rama in the process. Having the girls to protect would inspire him to resist against Rama's order for him to accompany him, (Darius, strip 259) and Rama's killing of Kerie strengthened his resolve to resist. (Darius, strip 263)
- When Quinn popped in to try to rescue him, and Camden stopped her, putting her in potential danger of being harmed by Rama, he stopped resisting and told her to flee. (Darius, strip 259) He agreed to go with Rama if he left Quinn alone (though Rama commented that it was Camden going after her, not him). (Darius, strip 260) Though he went with Rama (with a storm brewing outside), he would swear vengeance against Rama for Kerie's death. (Darius, strip 261)
- On escaping the camp, Filaire suggested he travel with her as she knows everything about Rama and how to keep him away from him, (Darius, strip 303) while if he goes back to the Akaelaes, that'll be the first place Rama comes looking for him. (Darius, strip 302) After she confirmed Rama killed Vin's mother, (Darius, strip 305) he decided to follow her. (Darius, strip 306)
- Syke has stated he was not mentioned in Campus Safari to avoid setting his future in stone. He was part of the original group, and known as Riptide. 
- Clues point to that he might have a relationship with Celina Asara in Akaelae.